EDC has worked with an advisory board to develop “state of the state” white papers looking at areas of importance in engaging women veterans in STEM careers. Please join us to learn more about this work in a webinar series from October 13 – November 17, 2020.
The objectives of the webinar series are to:
- Provide an overview of the project and its goals.
- Provide participants with an understanding of the landscape of assets and challenges faced by women veterans with summaries of our white papers in the four focus areas: Women Veteran Health & Well Being, Women Veteran Transitions to Civilian Workforce, STEM Education for Women Veterans, and STEM Workforce Development.
- Provide participants an opportunity to provide feedback on the white papers and discuss our findings.
- Provide participants with information on the virtual convening, which will take place in March of 2021, and how they can get involved.
The schedule and topics for the webinar series are:
- October 13, 2020, 3:30 – 4:30 EST: Introduction to the Project and Engaging and Retaining Women Veterans in the STEM Workforce Summary White Paper: Webinar recording and PowerPoint
- October 20, 2020, 3:30 – 4:30 EST: Women Veteran Transitions to Civilian Workforce
- October 27, 2020, 3:30 – 4:30 EST: STEM Workforce Development for Women Veterans
- November 10, 2020, 3:30 – 4:30 EST: STEM Education for Women Veterans
- November 17, 2020, 3:30 – 4:30 EST: Women Veteran Health & Well Being
Registration now here for the whole series or as many webinars as you would like to attend.
We hope you will join us for this webinar series and help us to strengthen and scale the impact of existing initiatives to support women veterans’ success in the STEM Workforce.